What to have in your home emergency kit



I don't claim I'm an expert and this is not a "zombie apocalypse" kit, but some useful things to have with you in case a power outage happens or any other minor emergency.


  • Matches
  • Candles
  • Batteries (charged or course)
  • Flashlight
  • Blankets
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Bottled water
  • Caned non-perishable food
  • Can opener
  • First aid kit
    Bandages
    Compress
    Tape
    Tweezer
    Alcool (to disinfect instruments)
    Scissors (I used those in my nail file kit)
    Acetaminofen or Ibuprofen
    Thermometer
    Anti-acid medication
    Bandages for a sprain
    Allergies medicine and or Benadryl. Also if you need one, an up to date Epi Pen
  • Wet naps
  • Cash
  • Battery (or crank) radio
  • Extra medication you need
  • Food for your pet (if you have one)
  • Whistle
  • Bathroom/Facial tissues
  • Deck of card or colouring book and pencils
  • Poncho
  • Hand warmers
  • Latex gloves
  • Pack of nuts and/or granola (if not allergic, of course)
  • Duct rape
  • Pocket knife
  • Battery bank to charge you phone (if you can afford it, it's expensive)
  • Plastic bags

I don't have everything on that list, but I'm slowly trying to build things out. I store some of those items in a plastic Ziploc bag .


Comments