What to buy and not to buy at Dollarama




Dollarama can be a great place. I remember when my hometown got one, it was awesome. We didn't need to drive 2 cities to get there. We would mainly buy chocolate bars, when they were 2 for $1.

I made this list of what I think is worth to buy there and what is not worth it.





What to buy

  • Candies and chocolate bar. I still find them worth it, maybe unless there's a sale elsewhere
  • Greeting cards
  • Card games
  • Padded envelopes
  • Poster boards
  • Spiral notebooks, when it's not back to school season, they are probably cheaper elsewhere then
  • Party supplies
  • Plastic utensils and cups
  • Stickers: letters for scrapbook or decorative ones
  • Gift bags
  • Tissue papers for those gift bags
  • Travel size bottles
  • Plastic food container (Brand names ones)
  • Some seasonal decorations
  • Kitchen sponges
  • Little mop to wash the dishes
  • Broom
  • Scrapbook supplies
  • Colouring books
  • Word game books
  • Some office supplies (paper clips, push pins)



What not to buy

  • Pool noodles (they are too cheap)
  • Glue
  • Dry erase marker (I made this mistake, they went in the trash 5 minutes after I got home, they didn't work well)
  • Post it look-a-like (they don't stick)
  • Cotton swabs

Comments